Unlock windows machine

Hello there,

Can we unlock windows machine automatically using robin so we can run our bot unattended.

2 Likes

Hello @Rashmith, you may be able to solve this using Task Scheduler (see the answers in this link). Some of the answers are fairly recent and quite detailed.

You will likely want to go through @jpap’s guide as well.

Regards,
burque505

2 Likes

Hello @burque505, thank you for reply but running from task scheduler won’t unlock my screen hence it causes exception, and automation on desktop application will not be success.

1 Like

Hello @Rashmith, perhaps AutoLogon from the Microsoft SysInternals suite might help.

One approach might be to programmatically enable AutoLogon (using Robin, some other scripting language or a combination on AutoLogon’s GUI), and then programmatically disable AutoLogon once your robot has finished.

Unfortunately I can’t speak from experience with AutoLogon, as I use other tools to access my desktop remotely. You might also try TeamViewer, AnyDesk, or VNC if your setup will allow it.

Regards,
burque505

1 Like

Hello @Rashmith and welcome to our family!
Through the Robin editor, you can initialize and run robots (every Robin script is practically a Robot).
As of yet we do not provide centralized management for those bots (Robin is a language, not a platform).
You can combine other tools though with Robin to create your own RPA solution.

Take look here:

and here:

Best regards,
J.

1 Like