RPA Challenge automation

Hello Mates!

Has anyone of you ever tried to develop with Robin the automation for the first “Input Forms” challenge on the “RPA Challenge” site (http://rpachallenge.com/)? If so, I would be very grateful if you could share the learning.

Best Regards!
Nelson

1 Like

Hello Nelson,

There is a post about that very challenge, yes:

RPA Challenge ‘Input Forms’

Hi Kzaverdinos!

Thank you very much for your information. I appreciated a lot your quick.
Best Regards and have a good weekend!

Hi Kzaverdinos!

I took the liberty of running the code you developed and noticed that it is perfect. It really is a great job! Congratulations!
On the other hand, I noticed that at the time I uploaded the spreadsheet data to the RPA Challenge website, the fields on my screen were not being populated with the spreadsheet values, even though the automation went all the way and ended with the message. “Congratulations …”
I got into this and ran the automation several times but always the behavior was the same, ie the fields on the screen were changing location but were not filled with the values ​​of the spreadsheet. So I added in your code the command “Display.ShowMessage Title: ‘QueryResult’ Message: QueryResult” before the Firefox call and the result of the command it includes was a blank box. I undertand that the QueryResult variable was not populated and that the Robin “Excel.ReadCells” command is not working on my PC.
Is it the version of my software (Windows 10 and Office 2016) that doesn’t allow your automation to work on my PC?
Thanks so much for your help again!
Best Regards
Nelson

Hi Nelson,

To be fair, I did not create that topic, all credits should go to the original author.

Having said that, I ran the script as well and it is working as expected. Once you run the script, on the “Congratulations!” screen, what is the success rate?

Also, to make sure that the “QueryResult” variable is not empty, you could - instead of displaying a message, which will slow down the execution of the script - include the “Console.Write Message:” action. For example, use the following message at the end of each iteration to see if there any values for the first cell of each row :

Hi Kzaverdinos!

Many thanks for your iniformation. I did as you mentioned and QueryResults is showing the correct First Name for each row. Sorry by my misunderstanding but I have another question for you that is: why are all fields into InputForms screen for me are all in blanks before the script “click” on Submit button be activated by the script?
Thanks again and Regards!

Hi Kzaverdinos!

I gotcha! I did a Java Upgrade and now everythhing is work well.
I’d like to aplologize to be disturbing you and also to open an issue about the Robin Language,
Sorry and thank you very much for your help.
Best Regards
Nelson

1 Like