Robot Connection Failed

Hi Team,
I have created a script to perform certain set of actions using Command Line Actions.
Since the script executing would be taking long time , i deployed my script over a VDI(Virtual Desktop Interface) to make sure the script is running even my office hours are over.
Post running the script , i disconnected the VDI (not logged off).
Today morning when i opened the VDI, i encounterd an error Connection With The Robot Failed.
Attaching the screenshot for reference.
Can someone please explain if Robin Support Back Office/ Unattended Robot Functionality just like Uipath where the scripts keep on executing even if the VDI/VM is disconnected
Thanks,
Pravesh

Attaching Screenshot

Hey @Pravesh2891,

As we have already mentioned, Robin is a language, not a platform.
Practically every script you create is a robot.

Unfortunately with the info you have provided I can’t really understand what went wrong.
VDI (we are talking about a Windows Server I assume here) is practically a server running all the time.
It has to have:

• Robin SDK installed
  • Robin Script to be executed, stored locally
  • Access to the files it needs to process

Could it be that the Server tried to communicate with your client and retrieve something local to you?

Best regards,
J.

James Papadimitriou
Technical Evangelist

1 Like

Hi James,

I have all the prerequisites available over my VDI (Windows Server) which are

• Robin SDK installed
  • Robin Script to be executed, stored locally
  • Access to the files it needs to process

However for you concern , if the Server is trying to communicate with the Client , here we are using Git Command to Suing Command Prompt to Clone respective repositories , Add, Commit ad Push respective Data into the Cloned Repositories which should not be impacted even if the Windows Server is disconnected as it is running all the time whether it is disconnected or not.
However, the processes running over Windows Server can only get impacted or stopped if the Server is logged of for a particular user or Shut Down.
Please give your required concerns over the same.
Thanks,
Pravesh

1 Like