Problem loading robot while executing script

When i execute script it shows error message problem loading robot.How can i fix it.

@Yash_bitla99 Welcome to Robin Community!
about you issue could you please paste your code and screenshot here. It will help to understand the problem.

It either show me an error saying ‘problem loading robot’ or it just shows ‘running script’ but doesn’t actually execute anything.I’m facing this issue since I’ve installed robin. None of my codes are getting executed.

This is what I meant when I said it shows ‘running script’. I waited for something to happen but it still displays running script.

@Yash_bitla99

Kindly refer the code from attached screenshot

Also refer below article

1 Like

I’m still facing this issue

@Yash_bitla99 it probably has to do with your system’s configuration.

Could you give as some info regarding your system (Windows version, architecture x86/x64, are you an admin etc.)?

Best regards,
J.

James Papadimitriou
Technical Evangelist

Is this what you wanted?

1 Like

You shouldn’t be experiencing any issues.

Please follow the steps bellow:

Tell us how it went.

Best regards,
J.

James Papadimitriou
Technical Evangelist

It didn’t work out. Still facing the same issue.

@Yash_bitla99, sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Once you’ve installed, your Robin Editor is probably in

"C:\Program Files\Robin\Robin.Editor.exe"

If so, please go to that folder, right-click on “Robin.Editor.exe” and click on “Properties”. You should get a dialog like this, perhaps a bit different on your PC, as yours is Win10:

Go to the Compatibility tab as shown and check the box for “Run this program as an administrator”.

I had to go through this process before Robin.Editor would work for me, so maybe this will work for you.

Regards,
burque505

@burque505 I tried as you said but it still doesn’t execute any of my code. Is there anything else that I should try?

@Yash_bitla99
This isn’t an encountered issue. :confused:
I am afraid it has to do with your PC’s configuration unfortunately.
Have you got any antivirus installed?
If yes, please give us some info about it (brand, version, architecture etc).

Best regards,
J.

1 Like

@jpap I created a new user in my system and installed robin there and it worked! Robin is working properly in the new user. Thank you for all the help.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

It was probably an access rights issue for some reason.

Best regards,
J.

2 Likes

Disconcertingly enough, I just ran into exactly the same problem that @Yash_bitla99 had with “problem running the robot.” New Robin install with the version available today; Win10 Home, build 1809. I will report back if I’m able to solve it. None of the steps I suggested to @Yash_bitla99 have worked for me :unamused:.

Edit: I was able to resolve the problem mentioned by letting all Robin executables through the Windows Firewall. Quite a relief! As before I’ve had to set the properties for Robin.Editor and Robin.UiSpy to “run as administrator.” Again, this is on Win10 Home, build 1809. :grinning:

Best regards,
burque505

2 Likes

I have the same issue as above.
I changed the firewall settings for all exe, I set ‘Run as admin’ for all exe
Unfortunately it did not help.

I found out that my problem is with launching a browser
WebAutomation.LaunchFirefox Url: “https://news.orf.at
WindowState: WebAutomation.BrowserWindowState.Maximized
BrowserInstance=> Browser

As soon as I add this command to the script the ‘Problem loading robot’ will occur.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,
Code4FunVienna

Hello @Code4FunVienna and welcome to our community!

I have just run your script without any problems.

Please make sure you have the latest version of Robin installed.

Wishes for a productive and joyful new year!

Best regards,
J.

James Papadimitriou
Technical Evangelist

Hi jpap,
thank you for your reply.

I do know that the statement is correct - on one maschine it works without any problems but on the other maschine I have the described issue.

Is there any setting that prohibites launching Firefox? How does Robin know which Firefox it should start (what directory)?
Anything like this would be helpful.

Regards,
Code4FunVienna

Hurray I found a solution!!!

I uninstalled Robin - rebooted the maschine - run the setup with ‘Run as Admin’ :wink:

Now it works. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Code4FunVienna

3 Likes