Possible Firefox problem with add-on

I just experienced a total breakdown with Robin after Firefox updated itself to 71.0 (64-bit) on Win7 Pro 64-bit. If I tried to use any script that has “WebAutomation.LaunchFirefox”, Firefox kept asking for UAC confirmation (up to 20 times) and would not run. I uninstalled both Firefox and Robin, and reinstalled both Firefox and Robin (Firefox first). The Firefox experience upon reinstalling is disconcerting. There are demands to sign up for Firefox Sync, which at the moment I don’t care to do. I looked for both Robin and Softmotive add-ons - the only one available is on that has been uploaded for testing. Robin doesn’t appear to recognize it.

EDIT: Removed the test add-on for Firefox. The original Robin installation file (the only one available, still ****5517), installed the Firefox add-on, but it doesn’t work with FF71. Firefox launches, but Robin cannot take control of it. Scripts that require Firefox now fail.

EDIT: Remove admin privileges from both Robin.ChromeMessageHost.exe and Robin.FirefoxMessageHost.exe and I can at least run browser scripts.

Hope nobody else has this happen!

Regards,
burque505

@burque505
Thanks for the reporting.

Regarding the add-on, we have uploaded a new one but it will be utilized by a later version.
For the current one you must use the Softomotive plugin.

I have checked that everything is up-to-date and run some really simple scripts.
Everything seems to be working fine.

This is really strange. Any more info would sure help to pinpoint the issue.

Best regards,
J.

I strongly believe it is because my system is so old and has had so many Firefox versions installed. After I ‘scorched-earthed’ Firefox and reinstalled, the problem vanished. :grinning:

Sorry about the red herring! I’m sure very few people will experience this.

Best regards,
burque505

1 Like

Glad to hear it was resolved! :smiley:

Best regards,
J.

1 Like