Plans for open sourcing Robin

Hi Robin Team,

At Endava we’ve recently come across Robin and we’re really interested in it. We’ve been using a similar approach to RPA for some of our clients for a couple of years, and really believe this is the way to go, rather than the heavy graphical proprietary tools.

We’d love to start using Robin and collaborating on it.

Do you know when it is likely to become an open source technology? That’s the only thing really blocking us using it or getting involved at present.

Best wishes,

Eoin.

Eoin Woods, CTO, Endava

2 Likes

Hi @eoinwoods,
Welcome to the forum!

You might take a look at this thread where @jpap responded to a related question of mine - apparently the project will be open-sourced and posted on Github as soon as they migrate to .NET Core.

Regards,
burque505

1 Like

Thanks @burque505, yes I did see that post, I was just wondering if there was a likely timescale.

Eoin.

1 Like

Hello @eoinwoods and welcome to our community!

I am really excited to announce that Robin is going open-source early 2020 (Q1).
We have just released v 0.9.2 and are a step closer to a stable v1.0 release.

Best regards,
J.

James Papadimitriou
Technical Evangelist

2 Likes

Hi @jpap, I just downloaded v 0.9.2. Would you recommend uninstalling the previous version, or is it alright to install over the existing version?

EDIT: I just uninstalled the old version and installed the new version. Given the scope of the update, I think that was probably best.

Regards,
burque505

1 Like

That’s good to hear thanks James (@jpap)!

2 Likes

By default when you install a new version the old one gets uninstalled, so in any case you get a clean installation! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
J.

2 Likes

Thanks, @jpap, duly noted.:slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
burque505

1 Like