Click Save on a Notification window of a web page after download

Hello,

I used Robin UI Spy to capture the Notification window at the bottom of a web page, and its Save button. In my robin script, when I do a ClickPressDialogButton, Robin does not like my control element. It always says not found:

Element with CSS Selector ‘> pane[class=“DirectUIHWND”] > toolbar[class=“DirectUIHWND”][id=“IENotificationBar”][name=“Notification”]’ not found

What WebAutomation function call do you recommend I do to grab this window and click Save?

Thank you so much for your help.

Mai

@mai1701 Actually you are trying to use WebAutomation on windows control that is the issue here.

To fix this you have to use UiAutomation click action.

3 Likes

Hello Ranjith,

Thank you for your response. I tried:

*UIAutomation.Click Element : myMaskFile.myWebSite.AfterDownloadPage.SplitButtonSave ; I get “Click failed (failed to get control)”
*UIAutomation.FormFilling.PressButton Button : myMaskFile.myWebSite.AfterDownloadPage.SplitButtonSave; I get “Failed to press button (Button not found)”
*UiAutomation.Windows.Get Control: myMaskFile.myWebSite.AfterDownloadPage.OpenSavePrompt BringWindowToFront:Yes WindowInstance =>myWindow
UIAutomation.windows.Focus Window:myWindow
UIAutomation.Click Element: ‘Save’

Nothing works. Could you provide me with some sample code to do this? I really appreciate it.

I try so many different calls…do I need to recapture the Notification window and Save Button in UISpy? what do I need to set in UI Spy to grap the control?
I tried setting the Id and Name of Tool Bar Notification window.

Thank you,

Mai

Ranjith, I followed your suggestion and use UIAutomation clicks to close the Notification windows after download and it worked!

Thank you so much for responding to my post.

Mai

2 Likes

Great work!!! Thank you for the update :smiley: